Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Grasping at Eternity and Splintered


Hi everyone! Today I have two exceptional, awesome-sounding books for you.
 
Grasping at Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper
Publication Date: May 2012

Leave it to Maryah Woodsen to break the one rule that will screw up eternity: Never erase your memories.

Before entering this life, Maryah did the unthinkable—she erased. Now, at seventeen years old, she’s clueless that her new adoptive family has known her for centuries, that they are perpetually reincarnated souls, and that they have supernatural abilities. Oh, and she's supposed to love (not despise) Nathan, the green-eyed daredevil who saved her life.

Nathan is convinced his family’s plan to spark Maryah's memory is hopeless, but his love for her is undying. After spending (and remembering) so many lifetimes together, being around an empty version of his soulmate is heart shattering. He hates acting like a stalker, but has no choice because the evil outcast who murdered Maryah in their last lifetime is still after her.

While Maryah’s hunter inches closer, she and Nathan make assumptions and hide secrets that rip them further apart. Maryah has to believe in the magic within her, Nathan must have faith in the power of their love, and both need to grasp onto the truth before they lose each other forever—and discover just how lonely eternity can be.

X-MEN meets MY NAME IS MEMORY in Karen Amanda Hooper’s latest young adult release. Coming in May of 2012.

Why I Chose this:

I love Karen Hooper! She wrote the amazing, addicting Tangled Tides! (which has so many handsome mermen ;) And memory problems, undying love and magic in one novel? I want! 

Splintered by A.G. Howard
Publication Date: January 1, 2013
Published by : Amulet Books

For sixteen years, Alyssa Gardner has lived with the stigma of being descended from Alice Liddell -- the real life inspiration for Lewis Carroll's famed novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. But cruel jokes about dormice and tea parties can’t compare to the fact that Alyssa hears the whispers of bugs and flowers ... the same quirk which sent her mother to a mental institution years before.

When her mother takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong for Alyssa to bear, she seeks the origins of their family curse. A set of heirlooms and a moth tied to an unusual website lead Alyssa and her gorgeous best friend / secret crush, Jeb, down the rabbit hole into the real Wonderland, a place more twisted and eerie than Lewis Carroll ever let on.

There, creepy counterparts of the original fairytale crew reveal the purpose for Alyssa’s journey, and unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.

Why I Chose This:

It sounds so twisted! Love it! And there’s a gorgeous best friend/ secret crush? I like.

What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday?



11 comments:

  1. Oh my God, the both sound so good! I adore everything to do with Alice and I have a thing for playing with memories!
    Thanks so much for these! :)

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO sweet. Thanks so much for the GAE love.

    And oh my goodness, SPLINTERED sounds amazing. I hadn't heard of it until now but I'm adding it to my Want list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of either of these books, but they sound good and I'm adding them to my list! Great choices. I also loved your interview with Julie Kagawa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG both of these sound awesome! I've never heard of either of them and THE COVERS <3
    adding them both to my TBR :)


    Feel free to check out my WOW
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally obsessed with Alice in Wonderland reinventions at the moment. I need to add splintered like now to my TBR.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks Precious! the cover looks totally awesome! Splintered sounds really good! I haven't read Tangled Tides yet though I think I might have it on queue if I get a copy XD

    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. X-Men meets My Name is Memory? I'm adding this to my pile!

    Great picks, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i did not know amanda had a other book coming up

    i so love alice in wonderland themed books
    so perty lol

    cool choices


    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah!!! Thank goodness you stopped by and left a link!! Linking to my goodreads!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for spotlighting Splintered as one of your WOW books! Also, thanks for giving me a book to put on my TBR tower ... Grasping at Eternity looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. GRASPING was my Cover Crazy this week. It's gorgeous! I love that the cover art for SPLINTERED has finally been revealed. I've been wanting this one since before it sold! Ahh!!! <3

    ReplyDelete