Sunday, December 18, 2011

In My Mailbox (21)

Hello everyone! It’s almost Christmas – which is why I’m back on the blogosphere. I’m on Christmas vacation and I’ll be posting enthusiastically at this time of the year. The last time I posted an IMM was in October. After busy months at the university, I’m back with more reads.


In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren. It aims to encourage blogger interaction and to explore the newly acquired books of several bloggers.

For Review:


Shift by Em Bailey
Fringe by Courtney King Walker
0.4 by Mike Lancaster
All These Things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevin (read and loved – review to come)
Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel (signed) (read, loved and reviewed)
Article 5 by Kristen Simmons (ARC)
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood (signed ARC)
Remembrance by Michelle Madow (ebook)
City of the Falling Sky by Joseph Evans (ebook)

 
Pure by Julianna Baggott (signed ARC) + flying butterfly and button (currently reading)

From Netgalley:

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J. Bick
Alias Dragonfly by Hank Smith
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Shattered Dreams by Ellie James
Someone Else’s Life by Katie Dale
Tankborn by Karen Sandler
The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe

This week I got:

Bought:


Tiger’s Voyage by Colleen Houck (read, loved and reviewed)
Legend by Marie Lu – I read an ARC of Legend several months ago and loved it. Wanted a final copy for my collection and for rereading purposes.
Icefall by Matthew Kirby – I realized that I haven’t read a book with ice. Ice Age, or something close to it. Nada. So I picked this up! Heard it’s good, too!
Eon by Alison Goodman – Two people recommended this to me. The hardcover is expensive so when I saw a copy of this in paperback version, I didn’t hesitate to buy it.
Naermyth by Karen Francisco – a YA dystopian written by a Filipina! I’m excited for this.
Insider Information: A Possession Short Story by Elana Johnson (ebook - free)

For Review:
 
Angelina’s Secret by Lisa Rogers (ARC)
The Veil by Cory Putnam Oakes
The Merchant’s Daughter by Melanie Dickerson (signed ARC)
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (Bound Manuscript)
The Liberation of Max McTrue by Kim Culbertson (ebook)
Notes to Self by Avery Sawyer (ebook)
Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn (ebook) – for Dystopian Domination 2
Promises by Amber Garr (ebook)

From Netgalley:

Illuminate by Aimee Agresti
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
Shadows of the Moon by Zoe Marriott
The Knife and the Butterfly by Ashley Hope Perez

Won:


Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson
Overprotected tote bag + a cd of songs related to Jennnifer’s novels + postcards

Swag:

Stickers of Catching Jordan
Stickers of Born Wicked
Signed Born Wicked Bookmarks
Signed A Breath of Eyre bookmark
Signed The Gathering Storm bookmark
On The Fringe bookmarks

I got so many books for review – physical and digital. I’ll read nonstop this Christmas break until the first few days of 2012. Hopefully, I’ll be able to read and write reviews for at least 50% of these books by then.

A big thanks to: Jen & Hardie Grant Egmont, Courtney, Charlotte & Pan Macmillan AU, Lia & Random House, Kristen, Alexis & Tor, Jessica, Veronica, Michelle, Joseph, Julianna, Linda & Grand Central Publishing, Netgalley, Macmillan, Carolrhoda Lab, Bell Bridge Books, Random House, Tu Books, Hyperion, Kate & Spencer Hill Press, Cory, Susanne & Octane Press, Melanie, Sam & Headline, Kim, Avery, Susan, Amber, Aimee, Rachel & Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Ashley, Marissa & Novels on the Run and Jennifer Laurens!
 
That’s all I got for IMM this week. What did you get? Please leave your IMM link so I could visit you, too!



18 comments:

  1. Ohh! Great IMM :D So many awesome books. *Jealous about Article 5* Hih :) I hope you enjoy them all :D
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fantastic mailbox!! Hunting Lila and ATTID were both amazing! Looking forward to Born Wicked, Pure, and Legend!
    ENJOY <3
    Here's My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You have a wonderful IMM. Lots to read and review.

    I would like to get my hands on Article 5!

    Enjoy!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent haul!
    I adore that cover of All These Things I've Done, and look...you got Hunting Lila (I loved it!)

    Enjoy =D

    Feel free to stop by mine: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox38.html

    -★Wendy★
    A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome mailbox this week! Legend was amazing and I loved Dearly, Departed too! Great swag too. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely awesome mailbox! So many books I want to read :)*green with envy* Enjoy all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy hell thats an awesome IMM! Especially jealous of you getting actual book of Article 5 and Pure! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool sway buttrfly ,button
    enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jealous over the books you got! omg! I need to get Hunting Lila big time lol

    Here's my IMM this week!

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh Precious!! Article 5! Born Wicked! SO excited to read those, they sound amazing <3 As does Shift, really can't wait to read that. And yay, you know I LOVED Legend and Dearly Departed aswell :D

    So excited you'll finally be reading Hunting Lila! You can join the Sarah Alderson fanclub with us while we await Losing Lila and Fated.

    Awesome mailbox, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dying for The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight! Enjoy everything!

    Shortskie's Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing mailbox! Born Wicked looks amazing, so jealous! Pure looks fantastic as well. And I really enjoyed Hunting Lila, hope you like it! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You'll need to read a new book every single day and I'm still not sure you'd be able to do it! You got an amazing mailbox this week. I'm really looking forward to Pure and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight among a very few there in your epic mailbox. Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow awesome haul! Legend is one of my favorite reads of 2011. I plan to buy another copy just so I can put highlights on the copy I have now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is an awesome assortment of books! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You got so many fantastic-looking books, I'm jealous! I hope that they are all just as good as they look. :)

    New follower.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh, Dearly Departed! I loved that book. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete