Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Struck & Tangled Tides


I was supposed to post this earlier today. But guess what? I went home with my best friend. We had a hard time commuting. It was raining hard and the buses were full (maybe because everyone else went paranoid and didn’t want t get wet.) I got home late. And now here I am, 10 minutes before midnight. I have two luscious 2012 books for you.

Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
Publication Date: May 8, 2012
Published by: Farrar, Straus and Giroux BYR

LA has been devastated by a massive earthquake and the city is full of chaos and shattered lives. Mia Price has a connection to the storm that caused the earthquake but doesn't know why - who should she turn to for answers? The religious Followers prophesise the end of the world and claim to have the answers that Mia is seeking. The mysterious and beautiful Jeremy warns her away from them but he's hiding a more sinister truth. In the end, Mia is to discover that she is part of a power much larger than she could ever have imagined. When the final disaster strikes, she must unleash the full horror of her strength to save them all.

Why I Chose This:

Macmillan got great dystopians for 2012. I can feel it. Struck is one of them. Dystopian with a hint of…paranormal? I’m not 100% sure but that’s what I think it is. Ever since reading this amazing scene from Wildefire with lightning and three girls, I’ve been fascinated with it. Hoping to get my hands on this one!

Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs #1) by Karen Amanda Cooper
Publication Date: 2012 (no set date yet)
Published by: Rhemalda Publishing

Yara Jones doesn’t believe in sea monsters—until she becomes one.

On her eighteenth birthday a hurricane hits Yara’s small island and with it blows in Treygan, a cocky blue-haired merman who claims he saved her life by turning her mer, but he could also take her life with his ability to turn things to stone, with just a touch… or kiss.

All Yara wants is to return home to her terminally sick uncle and her cool new boyfriend, Rownan. But she quickly learns that she can’t go back because her new existence—and new crush—complicate things beyond belief. Yara must open a sealed gateway between Earth and the sea creature realm, and that can only be achieved with a great sacrifice including friendship, love, and possibly even her soul. Or maybe, she hopes, that sacrifice will open the gateway to a love that’s deeper than she could ever imagine.

Young Adult fans of Mermaids, Selkies, Sirens and Gorgons will love this tale of the sacrifice one makes for genuine love. Love that lasts forever…love that could be lost at any moment to the ever-changing tides.

Why I Chose This:

Rhemalda Publishing gave me Witch Song – a good witch book for YA paranormal readers. When I discovered Tangled Tides, I knew I needed to read it. I love the abundance of mermaids in YA (I seriously need to read them. *Ripple*) And I’m a sucker for sirens and selkies since two of my favorite novels have these creatures in them. Romance, fantasy, love and sacrifice? Definitely my kind of read.




6 comments:

  1. Awesome pick! I love the cover :) can't wait for this awesome books!

    here's ours!
    Waiting on Wednesday Post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting about Tangled Tides, Precious. :) I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both sound great I'm a sucker for all things mermaid related too!

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Struck is on my TBR too, it looks amazing! Haven't heard of Tangled Tides before, but I love the sound of it! I'm loving the mermaids in YA now too :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Struck looks and sounds AMAZING! Have you read the new synopsis? It went up today! And... um, no. It does nothing to help our patience *twitches uncontrollably* And Tangled Tides sounds so good!! I need some more mermaid novels in my TBR!

    ReplyDelete