Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Between by Cyndi Tefft


Between by Cyndi Tefft
Publication Date: June 1, 2011
Published by: Self-Published

Sometimes death is just the beginning...

It just figures that the love of Lindsey Water's life isn't alive at all, but the grim reaper, complete with a dimpled smile and Scottish accent.

After transporting souls to heaven for the last 300 years, Aiden MacRae has all but given up on finding the one whose love will redeem him and allow him entry through the pearly gates.

When Lindsey is killed in a car accident, Aiden is there to meet her. But there's something about her, something that makes him delay taking her to the gate right away.

Instead, he introduces her to his home "in between" where memories can be relived in vivid detail: the brutal Jacobite rebellion of 1719 that led to Aiden’s death, a ball at the Palace of Versailles before King Louis XIV, and even a trip to Paris before the Eiffel Tower was constructed.

Torn between her growing attraction to Aiden and heaven's siren song, Lindsey must learn the hard way whether love really can transcend all boundaries.

Why I Chose This:

The grim reaper sounds attractive! I’d like to see how this turns out. I’ve never encountered a grim reaper and human relationship before. Between sounds original and intriguing.A home in between? Wow. I'd love to read about that!



6 comments:

  1. ooooh, totally loving the premise on this one. Sounds really good! Great pick! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even before reading the blurb I totally fell in love with it based on the cover. So pretty. I love the kind of wispy blade and knife handle. I really like the time traveling aspect of this. Definitely going to be on my radar when it comes out.

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds so interesting! It really is an interesting twist on romance in books. I'll definitely be looking out for this one. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    - Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing! I must read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I so want this book!! The words "grim reaper" alone attracted me, then add in a dimple and scottish accent? Hellooooo! <3 Awesome pick, Precious!

    ReplyDelete