Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Hunted + Fury


Hunted by DJ DeSmyter
Publication Date: August 9, 2011
Published by: Pendrell Publishing

Seventeen-year-old Lily Atwater has always kept to herself, living a lonely life with her workaholic dad. Not the most thrilling life, but it’s quiet and ordinary, two things she’s come to expect from living in Victor Hills, Michigan.
 
When kind and mysterious Alex takes refuge in her home, she is suddenly thrown into his world of werewolves, a world he wants to keep her safe from. But while the two of them grow closer, a relentless hunter continues his search, stalking the woods with hopes of catching the wolf that got away…

Why I Chose This:

Sounds like a wonderful werewolf story! DJ is a fellow blogger. I’d like to see how he writes. And I love this phrase: “stalking the woods with hopes of catching the wolf that got away.” I love it. Sounds romantic.

Fury by Elizabeth Miles
Publication Date: September 2011
Published by: Simon & Schuster UK

Top of Form
In book one of the Fury trilogy, Cee Winters and Chase Singer discover that a little guilt isn't the only consequence of doing wrong. After Cee hooks up with her best friend's boyfriend and Chase's secret harassment of a social outcast spirals out of control, three mysterious Furies-paranormal creatures that often assume the form of beautiful women-come to town to make sure that Cee and Chase get what they deserve. Not everyone will survive-and those who do will discover there are worse punishments than death. But when Cee befriends outcast Drea and learns more about who and what the Furies really are, she becomes resolved above all to take them down and stop their plans. Little does Cee know that, by confronting the Furies, she could become inextricably bound to them for life.

Why I Chose this:

The title alone is enough to make me add this to my wishlist! Another thing: Furies! I love the stories about them. Beautiful paranormal women on earth? I’m sold.



4 comments:

  1. Two awesome picks this week! You know I'm salivating to get my hands on Fury - looks SO good. And Hunted looks great too! I love it when bloggers get book deals :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Precious! Thank you so much for featuring HUNTED. You're the first one to do a WoW post for it. :-) I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first pick sounds really good and something I would like.

    Mine is here:
    http://lulilut.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete