Friday, October 15, 2010

The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton - My Blurb!

When I emailed Kiki, I didn't expect that I would get an Advanced Bound Manuscript. So I was surprised - really surprised - when she asked me if I would like to blurb about her 2011 novel, The Faerie Ring.

Book Description via Goodreads:

London, 1871

Orphaned and living in an abandoned clockmaker’s shop adjoining Charing Cross railway station, sixteen year old Tiki picks the pockets of passing travelers to survive. Her efforts support not only herself, but her ‘family’ of orphans, including fragile five year old Clara.

When Tiki steals the Queen’s ring, she thinks she’s solved their problems. That is, until Rieker, a tough from the north end, shows up in Charing Cross and informs her that the ring is really a reservoir that holds an age-old truce between the world of faerie and man. Unless guarded, faeries will search for the ring and destroy it, as well as anyone who has knowledge of the ring’s location...
 
My Thoughts :
 
I really loved The Faerie Ring. Oh. My. God. It was awesome! Everything about it was just amazing. The copy that I received isn't for review yet. But just to show you guys how much I loved it, here's the blurb that I sent Kiki:

"The Faerie Ring is a perfect fusion of historical fiction and urban fantasy – the best of both worlds, outstanding in tragedy, suspense, peril and magic. Enthralling, dark and mysterious, this took my breath away with every passing shadow, every budding doubt and every unearthed secret."

For more info:
Kiki's Blog


3 comments:

  1. It sounds great! I haven't read it and only heard a little about it so thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading, Precious and also for the wonderful blurb!!

    Best,
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete